Joe Bruno on the Mob – Gotti Flick Allegedly Having Trouble Raising Cash



According to a Hollywood website, the new movie “Gotti: Three Generations” is having trouble raising money and it’s production may be pushed back, or even canceled completely. Shwobiz411.com has reported that work on the project has come to a halt and won’t resume until they can secure more financing.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobsters-Gangs-Crooks-Creeps-ebook/dp/B006H99D1U/ref=zg_bs_11010_5

A source told the website, “If producer Marc Fiore doesn’t come up with the money this week, and doesn’t show that more is coming, and that he’s really securing financing, it could all fall apart.”

However, conflicting reports have come from film spokesman Steve Honig, who also represents actress Lindsey Lohan, scheduled to be in the film, which stars John Travolta, Ben Foster, and Al Pacino. Honig said, “The movie is going forward.” Honig also said the reports in Shwobiz411.com are “factually inaccurate.”

The movie which is scheduled for a 2012 release, was supposed to start shooting in January 2012.

It’s hard to conceive a movie with such high-profile stars as Travolta and Pacino could have trouble raising revenue. And although the subject (John Gotti) has been done in several movies before,
“Gotti: Three Generations” is being told from the perspective of Gotti Jr. (he reportedly has even written the screenplay), and should offer a different angle on the man who was know as the “Teflon Don.”

However, the present economy being what it is, it’s not surprising to see a project, even a viable one, having cash flow problems.

I don’t know about you, but I’d like to see this movie.

Travolta and Pacino in the same flick?

Two legitimate New York-area Italians (Travolta is from nearby New Jersey; Pacino from the Bronx) in a film about one of the most famous mob figures of all time.

Fuhgeddaboudit!

Sign me up for a ticket.

The article below can be seen at:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/woes_for_gotti_bio_flick_KuuK189cSC9xxgoEyTRvFM

$$ woes for Gotti bio flick

By JOSH SAUL

Last Updated: 7:29 AM, October 8, 2011

Posted: 1:23 AM, October 8, 2011
More Print

The much-anticipated John Gotti biopic — which is supposed to star John Travolta, Al Pacino, and Lindsay Lohan — hasn’t been able to raise the money necessary to begin production, a Hollywood website reported yesterday.

Showbiz411.com said the production company “has been telling various players in this saga that ‘money is coming from overseas’ … but so far it hasn’t arrived.”

The spokesman for the mob flick said the film is moving forward but declined to comment on whether the company, Fiore Films, has enough money to actually start filming.

“The movie is going forward,” said film spokesman Steve Honig, who also represents Lohan.

He called the recent reports “factually inaccurate,” but would not comment on the film’s finances or whether filming would begin in January as previously planned.

This isn’t the biopic’s first bump. Joe Pesci, who won an Oscar for “Goodfellas,” sued Fiore Films for $3 million in July, claiming he was cut from the biopic after he gained 30 pounds to play the role of a stocky Gotti adviser.

http://www.josephbrunowriter.com/index.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: